This is a lovely colourful salad. Halloumi and pomegranate seeds are a classic summer combination. The honey balances the saltiness of the halloumi and the sharpness of the red onion.
Ingredients (serves 1)
70g brown rice (dried)
1/4 red onion (about 50g)
50g pomegranate seeds
1/2 red apple (about 50g)
60g reduced fat halloumi cheese, sliced
30g rocket/rucola leaves
1 tsp honey
- Change into an old T-shirt and prepare the pomegranate! Quarter the pomegranate and break away the seeds from the skin into a bowl.
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions. Leave to cool slightly.
- Dice the red onion and rinse under cold water to get rid of some of the juice.
- Dice the apple.
- Grill the halloumi slices one side only until they turn golden in colour.
- Put the rocket, onion, apple, pomegranate seeds, honey and rice into a large bowl and mix together. (If the honey is the set kind, then melt it first for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Serve on a plate and top with the grilled halloumi cheese. Eat whilst still warm.