I still had lots of cherries to use up, along with some dark chocolate, after making a Mexican dish, Chicken Mole the other day... Recipe for that to come when I've done some more experimentation with the chilli quantity!
Actually this tastes very nice with a green salad of mixed herbs, cucumber and segments of orange and yellow grapefruit, not included in the nutrition data.
Nutrition Data (per portion)
Dietary Fibre 3g
Ingredients (serves 2)
25g unsweetened dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
130g skinless chicken breast, cooked
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- Marinate the chicken breast in the lemon juice for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the chicken and slice into bite-sized pieces. Keep the lemon juice.
- Put 20 of the cherries in a blender with the chocolate, rosemary and balsamic vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Over a low heat, warm the sauce so that the flaked chocolate just melts. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and cool.
- Stir in the chicken and serve, garnished with the remaining cherries and some lemon zest.
- Delicious with a green herb salad, diced cucumber and segments of orange and grapefruit.