Nutrition Info (per serving)
Dietary Fibre: 13g
Ingredients (makes 3 servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon chopped dried rosemary
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp garlic puree
1 butternut squash
1x 400g tin red kidney beans
1 x 400g tin chick peas
180g chopped cooked ham hock
2 dsp mirin
2 dsp reduced salt soy sauce
- Peel the butternut squash and place whole in a microwavable dish. Microwave for 5 minutes, cut in half, and microwave each half for a further 5 minutes. Scoop out the seeds, and chop the squash into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan, add the oils and onion, fry over a medium-high heat until golden brown, add the garlic puree and rosemary, stir and take off the heat. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Quickly add water to about a cm depth and stir to stop the onion mixture sticking. Add the kidney beans, chick peas, squash and ham hock and spoon over the mirin and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Put the lid on the saucepan, and continue to cook over a medium heat for another 20 minutes without stirring. Take the lid off, stir well, and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated, and the whole flat smells of rosemary.
- Serve immediately whilst your mouth is still watering.