Ingredients (serves 1)
small piece of unsalted butter for frying
1 small onion, chopped
100g mushrooms, chopped (I used bunashimeji, sometimes called beech mushrooms)
1 crisp roll, or the end of a baguette
about 30ml sour cream (or two heaped teaspoons)
salt, pepper and paprika for seasoning
- Hollow out the roll or baguette end, reserving the bread.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and fry over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, crumble in the breadcrumbs and continue to fry until golden brown.
- Stir in the sour cream and mix until hot. Season with a little salt, and lots of paprika and freshly ground mixed peppercorns.
- Spoon into the hollowed out bread roll and eat immediately!