Dietary Fibre 6g
1 large onion(210g)
1 tsp olive oil
1 head of cauliflower, head and stalks (520g)
1 stock cube
100g grated cheddar
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into florets, and cut up the stems.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, and cut into chunks.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until soft and golden brown. Add the cauliflower, potato, 1 litre of boiling water, and crumble in a stock cube. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the mascarpone and grated cheese and stir until melted. Leave to cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer in batches to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Reheat to serve, grating in fresh black pepper and nutmeg.