On testing these ones out on friends, it seems that people prefer a sweeter truffle, so maybe add more powder sweetener to taste. Or even smoked chilli? The kinako flavour overpowers the cocoa a bit, so next time I think I'll try rolling in cocoa or ground almonds... Will update...
Nutrition Data (for 2 truffles)
100g red kidney beans
28g ground almonds
2 fresh figs (70g total)
28g grated cheddar
2 pieces iron-enriched processed cheese (30g total)
1 tsp zero calorie liquid or powder sweetener
7g kinako (roasted soy bean flour), for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend as far as possible, then mash in a bowl using a fork.
- Put a sheet of greaseproof paper onto a baking tray and spoon on 10 heaped teaspoons of mixture, flattening into rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then cool on the paper on a wire rack. All you will have done is dry out the mixture a bit.
- Roll each round into a ball and into kinako (roasted soy bean flour).