Nutritional Information (per portion)
Dietary Fibre: 9g
Ingredients (serves 2)
430g potatoes, unpeeled
150ml soy milk (or regular milk)
salt and pepper to season
- Roughly chop the broccoli - stalks, florets and leaves all OK.
- Roughly slice the onion.
- Steam all the vegetables. I use my LeKue steamer for this in the microwave, steaming the potatoes whole in their skins for 10 minute, the broccoli for 5 minutes and the onion for 2mins 30 sec.
- Measure out together 150ml soy milk and 350ml water.
- In batches, blend the steamed vegetables and liquid together in a food processor, transferring each batch to a large saucepan.
- When all the soup has been blended, crumble in the gorgonzola and stir over a gentle heat until the cheese has melted.
- Season to taste. I used a good grinding of salt and a black pepper mix that includes orange and lemon peel and garlic.
- Serve hot.