Ingredients (makes about 30)
100g plain dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1 large tablespoon golden syrup
250-300g digestive (plain sweetmeal) biscuits
50g dried fruit
80g white chocolate
paper truffle cases
red and green writing icing
- Melt the butter, dark chocolate and syrup over a medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits and dried fruit and mix well.
- Form into balls and chill in the fridge on two plates for about 30 minutes.
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces and put in a cup. Melt in the microwave until smooth for about one minute, checking and stirring every 20-30 seconds.
- Take one plate of chocolate balls out of the fridge. Put each one in a paper case and spoon a little white chocolate over each to look like custard. Put in the fridge to set, and repeat with the other plate.
- When the white chocolate on the first plate has set, remove from the fridge and pipe two lines of green icing on each ball to look like a sprig of holly leaves. Put back in the fridge to set, and repeat with the second plate.
- Remove the first plate from the fridge again and pipe 3 dots of red icing under the holly to look like berries. Put back in the fridge and repeat with the second plate.
- These can be eaten immediately, or stored in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
You won't use all the white chocolate, but making more saves worry at the end!