Ingredients (serves 1)
180g cooked Italian brown rice (1/2 cup dried)
50g frozen peas, thawed
15g pumpkin seeds
1/2 lime (zest and juice)
15g mix of herbs (lemongrass, coriander, ginger, garlic, chilli)
50g feta, roughly crumbled
Dietary Fibre: 10g
- Cook the rice according to instructions. Thaw the peas in a sieve under cold running water, and drain. Meanwhile, prepare the mixture, so that it can be stirred in the hot rice just as it has finished cooking.
- Dry fry the pumpkin seeds for a couple of minutes until they smell nutty and start to pop. Set aside.
- Put the zest and juice of half a lime and mixed herbs into a saucepan and quicklywarm for a couple of minutes, until the herbs absorb the juice. Mix in the peas and feta cheese.
- Stir into the rice with the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- I use Sainsbury's Easy-Cook Italian Brown Rice as this is the closest I can find to brown sushi rice or sticky rice (at a reasonable price).
- Waitrose do a Thai frozen herb mix, which is what I use in this recipe.
- This is best eaten hot and immediately, as the peas continue cooking in the hot rice and quickly lose their colour. However, although it doesn't look as visually appealing, it's also delicious cold.