You really would not know that the recipe contains beans. The finished result is quite soft and fudgy. I used cannellini beans, but any bean would be ok.
Nutrition Info per bar (makes 10)
Dietary Fibre: 6g
1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
20g hemp powder
20g cocoa powder
50g unsweetened desiccated coconut
200g light soya milk
200g dried soft figs
1 heaped teaspoon molasses (20g)
30g granulated xylitol
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the beans in a large bowl and crush thoroughly with the back of a fork.
- Stir in the oats, hemp powder. cocoa powder, coconut and xylitol.
- Put the figs and milk in a blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Stir into the dried mixture, along with the molasses.
- Pour into a greased 20cm non-stick square metal baking tin, and smooth.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 10 bars, leaving in the tin. It will be firm on top, but of a squidgy consistency. Cool in the tray on a wire rack, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Wrap individually in foil and store in the refrigerator.