These do dry out quite well in the oven and become fairly crispy on the outside, which was the texture I was going for.
I think next time, I shall actually cut it into 10 bars instead of 12, which will give 146 calories, 8g protein and 4g dietary fibre.
Nutrition Information per bar (makes 12)
Dietary Fibre: 3g
80g dried quinoa (cooked)
40g hemp powder
20g salted almond kernels
20g salted pistachio kernels
30g milled flaxseed
50g grated parmesan
1 heaped teaspoon marmite (17g)
80g light soya milk
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, weigh out the oats, hemp powder, flaxseed and parmesan. Mix in the marmite with your fingers until it's distributed through the ingredients.
- Grind the nuts together in a blender and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the quinoa, and stir in the milk until the mixture forms a paste.
- Grease a 20cm non stick square metal baking tin, and press the mixture down well. Score into 12 rectangles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins until firm and browned (yes, you will actually be able to tell they've browned!).
- Remove from the oven, cut into bars, allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Wrap individually in foil, and store in an airtight box for up to a week.