Ingredients (serves 1)
5 very thin slices of daikon (mooli/Japanese radish)
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 rounded tsp green pesto
about 20g very fresh raw tuna
a little red onion
about 2 tsp flying fish roe (tobiko)
a sprig of something dark green
- Peel a small piece of daikon and slice it into 5 very thin rounds - you can use a knife or vegetable peeler for this. If it is thin enough you will see the veining on the daikon.
- Arrange on a small plate as a 5 petaled flower.
- Thinly slice a little red onion into slivers.
- Roughly chop the raw tuna into about 1cm cubes.
- Mash the half avocado with about 1/2 rounded teaspoon of green pesto. Mix in the tuna.
- Arrange the avocado mixture on the daikon petals, top with the slivers of red onion, and scatter the flying fish roe on top.
- Chop something green on top. I just chopped a bit of green salad leaves on top, but you could use basil or parsley.
- Serve immediately!