This very green smoothie really is filling! It also supplies about 20% RDA calcium, nearly 200% RDA Vitamin A, about 70% RDA Vitamin C and about 30% RDA iron.
Ingredients (serves 1)
150g soft silken tofu
- Wash the spinach and tear roughly into the blender bowl.
- Add a little water and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the avocado and silken tofu and blend until smooth, adding water until it's a consistency you like.
- Drink immediately!
Also my previous spinach posts:
Spinach, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
Sesame Sauteed Spinach
- So now you have half an avocado that you need to keep without it going brown. Don't brush with lemon juice, but keep the half with the stone and wrap it in foil, making sure that the foil is pressed down well over the cut side. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- If you don't want to drink it immediately, then store it in a vacuum flask. This keeps it cool and dark, so that you don't lose too many nutrients.