Nutrition Data (per serving)
Dietary Fibre 4g
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 litre stock, made with a stock cube
500g carrot, sliced
40g fresh ginger root, peeled
- Crumble the stock cube into 1 litre of water. Add the sliced carrots and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mash the ginger root in a blender.
- In batches, add the carrots and some of the stock to the blender. Puree until smooth, and transfer to a large container. Obviously the blender will get very hot.
- Put the mixed carrot and ginger puree back into the remaining stock and mix thoroughly.
- Reheat to serve, or I think it's better served ice-cold.
This really is extremely refreshing ice-cold as the weather is getting warmer. It freezes well, and yesterday I just took it to work still frozen and had it later in the day as a kind of vegetable slush puppy (ice drink)! Delicious, and it's actually quite sweet too!