Dietary Fibre 5g
Ingredients (serves 5)
200g gammon, cooked and roughly chopped
1/2 onion (about 100g), chopped
425g (1 tin) Mexican Style Chilli Beans
1/2 white cabbage (about 280g)
1/3 kabocha (Japanese pumpkin, about 160g)
160g packet spinach, roughly torn
- Put the chopped onion in a saucepan. Soften in a little water over a low heat for about 3-4 minutes, until all the water has evaporated, and the onion is browned.
- Steam the kabocha in the microwave for 8 minutes. Chop roughly, including the skin.
- Add the chopped cabbage, kabocha, gammon and spinach to the saucepan.
- Add the tin of beans, then fill the can with water to rinse it out, pouring the water into the saucepan.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, and everything is hot.
- Serve immediately.