1 onion, chopped
1/3 kabocha (Japanese pumpkin)
1 stock cube
250ml boiling water
150g silken tofu
1tsp olive oil
freshly grated black pepper
- Par-microwave the kabocha for 6 minutes, and scoop out the seeds
- Scoop out the flesh and roughly chop (reserving the skin for a smoothie)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and saute for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, crumble in the stock cube and slowly add the boiling water to dissolve the stock cube. Put back on the heat and add the kabocha chunks. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Add to a blender with the tofu and blend until creamy.
- Reheat in a saucepan and serve with freshly grated black pepper.