Ingredients (serves 1)
1 pack (200g) firm tofu
1 tablespoon each of water, and mirin
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
20g salami, chopped
30g mushrooms, chopped
70g brown rice
30g cooked edamame (soy beans) or green peas
- Start to cook the rice and prepare all the ingredients.
- 15 minutes before the end of rice cooking time, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan.
- Meanwhile, slice the tofu lengthwise so that you have two large, but thin slices. Wrap each slice in kitchen paper and microwave on medium high for 1 minute to drain it.
- Add the tofu to the pan, and leave on a medium heat for 3 minutes until golden brown without disturbing it. Turn the tofu onto the other side and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper to drain some of the oil.
- Fry the salami in the remaining oil, then add the mushrooms and stir fry until just tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon each of water and mirin, and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Mix in and heat rapidly until the sauce has reduced.
- Put the hot rice mixed with edamame or peas on a plate, arrange the slices of tofu, and top with the mushooms and salami.
- Serve immediately.