This gave me the taste again for roast gammon, stuffing and cranberry sauce (I'm using lingonberry sauce from Ikea) sandwiches. Not having any more stuffing mix, I made my own today from some of my own bread that I hadn't eaten and had gone stale. Here is the recipe.
180g stale bread (only because that's how much I had!), made into breadcrumbs
a good teaspoon of sage, to taste
1 medium onion
1 medium apple
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Put the breadcrumbs into a large bowl and stir in the sage.
- Grate the onion and apple and stir into the breadcrumbs.
- Crumble in the walnuts, and stir in the raisins.
- Mix everything together well.
- Spoon into a greased shallow baking tray and bake for about 45 minutes until brown and crispy on top.