Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sage and Onion Stuffing

When I was in England last summer, I brought back some stuffing mix, which I ate with some roast gammon on New Year's Day, and then cold over the next few days...

This gave me the taste again for roast gammon, stuffing and cranberry sauce (I'm using lingonberry sauce from Ikea) sandwiches.  Not having any more stuffing mix, I made my own today from some of my own bread that I hadn't eaten and had gone stale.  Here is the recipe.


Ingredients
180g stale bread (only because that's how much I had!), made into breadcrumbs
a good teaspoon of sage, to taste
1 medium onion
1 medium apple
25g walnuts
25g raisins

Method
  •  Preheat the oven to 170C.
  • Put the breadcrumbs into a large bowl and stir in the sage.
  • Grate the onion and apple and stir into the breadcrumbs.
  • Crumble in the walnuts, and stir in the raisins.
  • Mix everything together well.
  • Spoon into a greased shallow baking tray and bake for about 45 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment