Dietary Fibre 11g
400g minced chicken thigh
380g cooked (1 cup dried) brown rice
1 medium onion
1 stick celery
1 egg, beaten
100g non fat yoghurt
1 tsp nutmeg
good grating black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Dice the onion and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pack well into a loaf tin; I use a silicone loaf tin, so don't need to grease it.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes until golden brown on top. Drain off the fat and cooking juices.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes, then slice. Serve hot or cold.
This can be frozen. Once the meatloaf is cold, finish slicing it and wrap the individual slices in greaseproof paper and put in a freezer bag. Freeze on the same day.